How to Start Blogging in 6 Easy Steps
1. Visit WordPress.com and click “Get Started” to sign up
2. Enter your email, a username and password, and then choose a name for your blog
Or, if you prefer to post to an existing blog, click “sign up for just a username” to the right of the blog name box
3. Check your email and confirm your registration
4. Sign in to WordPress.com > go to MyBlogs > click “Create New Blog”
(Bonus step: Anytime after this point, you can go back to MyBlogs and click “Change appearance” to choose a theme!)
5. Under MyBlogs, you should now see your new blog – click “1 Post” and then near the top of the page “Add New Post”
6. You should now see a box where you can add text, pictures and videos. When you are finished editing, click Publish!
For some good tips on How to Write a Good Blog Post – check out this post by the British Council.
To see what good blog posts look like and maybe find some inspiration, check out Time Magazine’s Top 25 Blogs of 2012!
If you’re having trouble with any of the steps above, or if you want to learn more about WordPress.com, check their support page.
Have fun playing around with the various buttons and settings. Welcome to the world of blogging!
– Sarah Topps 2013